Toddler booster seat is a good alternative to high chair for feeding babies during mealtimes. As the babies grow older, they want to sit with the family at the dining table and have their food but they are still not big enough to fit a full sized chair. A toddler booster seat ensures that the toddler sits properly and comfortably for eating and is well within reach of the table.
Many kinds of booster seats are designed for travelling which makes them suitable for carrying on vacations, on family dinners and other places where it is difficult to find baby chairs. Toddler booster seat is suitable for an infant aged 6 months or above.
Benefits of toddler booster seats
- Toddler booster seats come in both simple forms as well as with extra features such as removable or adjustable trays, storage pockets for storing diapers and other things, etc.
- Toddler boosters seats are made of materials such as smooth plastic which can be cleaned easily. This makes cleaning up after meals very simple and quicker. Since, infants tend to make a mess during meals, this is a very beneficial feature.
- Toddler booster seats are portable which ensure that parents always have a safe place for their baby to sit irrespective of the location.
- Toddler booster seat keeps the child safe and secure by preventing falls and other kinds of injuries.
- Toddler booster seats take up lesser space as compared to high chairs.
- Toys can be put on the trays of a toddler booster seat, thereby making it act as an activity seat for the toddler.
- Toddler booster seat makes the child feel that he/she is a part of the family at meal times.
The top ten best toddler booster seats currently available in the market have been listed here.
List of Top 10 Best Toddler Booster Seat In 2019
Table of Contents
- List of Top 10 Best Toddler Booster Seat In 2019
- 1. Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster
- 2. OXO Tot Perch Booster Seat
- 3. Fisher-Price Space Saver Booster Seat
- 4. Chico Caddy Hook-On Booster Seat
- 5. Prince Lionheart Soft Booster Seat
- 6. Summer Infant Pop N’ Sit Booster Seat
- 7. Ingenuity Baby Base 2-in-1 Booster Seat
- 8. Chicco Pocket Snack Booster Seat
- 9. The First Years On-The-Go Booster Seat
- 10. Graco Blossom Booster Seat
- How To Choose A Right Toddler Booster Seat
1. Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster
Fisher Price Booster seat can be easily attached to dining chairs by straps. The tray can easily be pulled in and out and has a lid to cover it when not in use. The tray also has a cup holder to prevent accidental spillage. The seat is made of smooth molded plastic with no crevices for food particles to lodge. Major features are as follows.
- Seat back can be folded down if the toddler does not need support.
- 3 height adjustment positions.
- Tray is dishwasher safe for cleaning.
- Shoulder strap for easy carrying.
- Suitable for babies aged 4-24 months with weight up to 50 pounds.
2. OXO Tot Perch Booster Seat
OXO Tot Perch can be easily fixed to any grown-up chair. 3-point harness straps of the seat keep the child safely secured at all times. The straps are adjustable and can also be removed when the child is old enough to sit without support. The seat folds down on pushing a button. The seat cushion is removable for cleaning. Major features of the product are as follows.
- Collapsible nature makes it easy to store and suitable for travels.
- Non-skid feet for easy attachment to any kind of seat.
- Easy to clean non-stain foam cushion.
- Free of PVC, BPA, and Phthalate.
3. Fisher-Price Space Saver Booster Seat
Fisher-Price Space Saver is a compact booster seat suitable for homes with limited spaces. It straps securely to the legs of the kitchen chair. This seat is versatile because apart from booster seat for toddlers it can also convert into a reclining seat for newborn babies and an upright seat for infants. Due to the compact design, it can be stored in a cabinet or closet when not in use. Major features are as follows.
- 3 height adjustments and 3 recline positions.
- Machine washable seat pad. Seat pad is made of nanotex fabric which makes it stain and spill resistant.
- Built-in cup holders on the tray. The tray is also dishwasher safe.
4. Chico Caddy Hook-On Booster Seat
Chico Caddy hooks directly to the table instead of attaching with the chair. Thus, it is suitable for any kind of table irrespective of height. The seat is foldable and light in weight which makes it simple to carry on travels. It is highly suitable for restaurants where no baby seats are available. Major major features are as follows.
- Double-locking attachment to securely hold the seat onto the table.
- Rubber grips ensure that the seat does not scratch the table or slides off.
- Nylon seat can be easily cleaned with a wipe.
5. Prince Lionheart Soft Booster Seat
Prince Lionheart is a highly comfortable booster seat for toddlers. The non-slip base of the seat ensures safe and secure attachment to the kitchen chair. The seat is textured to prevent the toddler from sliding around and slipping during meals. It can be used in both indoor as well as outdoor locations. The seat is made of soft foam of light density which makes for comfortable seating for the toddler. Main features of the booster seat have been listed here.
- Waterproof in nature, lightweight and easy to clean.
- Gives a lift of 3 inches to the toddler.
- Height is 7 inches on the back and 3 inches on the side.
- Free of lead, phthalates and toxic chemicals.
- Suitable for toddlers aged 3 and above.
6. Summer Infant Pop N’ Sit Booster Seat
Summer Infant Pop N’ Sit is a foldable booster seat which can be set up within seconds. It is light in weight and comes with a bag to carry it around. The seat can be set up on both floor and dining chair for playing and eating respectively. The tray is detachable for cleaning. This portable booster chair seat is also suitable for outdoor use, thereby making it excellent for setting up in parks. Some important features are as follows.
- 3-point safety harness for securing the child and chair straps for secure attachment with chairs.
- BPA free dishwasher safe tray.
- Highly durable construction.
- Storage pocket on the back seat for keeping essential items.
7. Ingenuity Baby Base 2-in-1 Booster Seat
Ingenuity 2-in-1 booster seat, as the name suggests, serves a dual purpose. It can be attached to a dining chair during meals and placed on the floor during play times. Foam base provides comfort to the toddler while extra high backrest provides more support. The compact design of the seat makes it easy to carry around. Main features of the booster seat are as follows.
- 3-point harness system and safety straps keep the child safe and secure.
- Padded foam inserts keep fidgety toddlers in place. They can be removed as the child grows.
- The tray is removable and can be stored underneath the booster seat when not in use.
- The tray is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning and the feeding seat is wipeable.
8. Chicco Pocket Snack Booster Seat
Chicco Pocket Snack Booster Seat is easy to set up quickly. It can be folded to a smaller size when not in use. The tray is removable and can be adjusted to three positions. The seat is secured to the chair with two straps. The metal legs of the seat allow 3 height adjustments. Main features of the booster seat are as follows.
- 3-point harness system to securely strap the child to the seat.
- Rubberized feet to prevent slippage and avoid markings on the chair.
- The seat and tray can be easily cleaned using a damp cloth and mild soap.
- A simple push button folds down the seat within seconds.
9. The First Years On-The-Go Booster Seat
First Years On-The-Go Booster Seat is a highly portable booster seat which has been specially designed for travel. The booster seat is compact in size and light in weight which makes it suitable for carrying on dinner parties, restaurants, and trips to other cities and countries. The seat has a handle for carrying it around easily. It self-inflates to form a full-size booster seat which can then be attached to the dining chair. Main features of the booster seat are as follows.
- Height can be adjusted up to 4 inches with the help of an inflating valve.
- Adjustable buckle strap fixes the seat to the chair.
- T-restraints and adjustable safety belt hold the child securely.
- Made of easy-to-clean material.
10. Graco Blossom Booster Seat
Graco Blossom Booster Seat is a compact booster seat which uses two installation strips to attach with dining chairs. Compact design means that it can be carried anywhere easily. It is also very easy to clean. Main features of the booster seat are as follows.
- 3-point harness to keep the child firmly secured and safe.
- Removable seat back inserts so that the child can sit comfortably after he/she is grown enough to sit without support.
- Can be cleaned using soap and warm water. It is also dishwasher safe.
- The material is plastic but devoid of PVC, Latex, Nitrosamine, BPA and Phthalate.
How To Choose A Right Toddler Booster Seat
Toddler booster seats are nothing but seats designed exclusively for the children’s safety during travel to avoid any injuries or death during accidents. It helps to keep the child in place with the help of seat belt since the child cannot be made to sit in the seat of the car
There are various options available in the market due to which a buyer gets confused which one to select. So here are some buying guides for the same.The Best Toddler booster seats are based on their following features which cannot be overlooked when it comes to child’s safety
Age is an essential factor for the choice of a toddler booster seat. The booster seat is tailor-made based on the age of the child. Booster seats are recommended for children below the age of 12 years for their safe ride in the car. Booster seats are used when the child outgrows the toddler seat and child between 4-12 years are recommended to use Toddler booster seats for their safety.
Height and Weight:
Height and weight of the child are also important factors while choosing a toddler booster seat. The height and weight of the child differ with everyone, and hence the toddler booster seats are exclusively designed with safety features to help the child stay intact. The toddler booster seats are available for various heights and weights to suit each child’s requirement.
The various features are designed to help the child stay in place without causing any injury during an accident. The safety belt is available with a toddler booster seat to help the child from moving. Height adjustment of the seat for the parents to keep an eye on the child is also available with the booster seat. The booster seat is provided with a soft cushion making it comfortable for the child to lean back. The types of seats available for all kinds of children are namely Group O, Fastened carrycots, infant carrier, and convertible. Group O is designed exclusively for the rear-facing position, and the child can be made to sit in the front seat. Fastened carrycots are solely designed for infants or premature babies as they should be taken extra care. The pressure is not applied to the limbs during an injury. A child uses infant carrier known as a bucket seat for the rearward facing semi-recumbent position. Group O+ is designed without an airbag.
The brand also plays a key role in the selection of Toddler booster seat. The reputation gained by the brands based on its quality, customer satisfaction, service offered and the warranty decides the popularity of the brand. Quality cannot be compromised when it comes to children’s safety.
Toddler booster seats should possess a soft cushion making it comfortable for the child to lie back. The quality of the soft cushion makes it stand out among other brands. It should be waterproof and stain proof to avoid any damages to the booster seat.
Safety of the child cannot be compromised, and hence the expiration date of the toddler booster seats should be monitored. The use of the Toddler booster seats beyond the expiry date will risk the life of the child and insurance cannot be covered for the same in case of any mishappening.
The posture of the Seat:
The features defining the seat whether it is rear facing, backless, high back or convertible is based on the user’s requirement. In the case of heavy usage, the convertible is chosen. For the support of the child, the highback is used as the word clearly explains the availability of high backseat. They are lighter when compared to other models. Backless models are chosen for their lightweight feature, and compact design makes them stand out among others. They are used for bigger kids who are ready for the use of seat belts of the car. Most parents prefer rear facing as they are safe to use and the child can be under the parent’s view.
Safety of the child cannot be compromised but the quality of the Toddler booster seats without costing much is preferred when compared to costly Toddler booster seats.
So these are some points which need to be considered while buying a toddler booster seat.
1.Why does the law recommend toddler booster seat?
The toddler booster seat is recommended for their child’s safety while travelling in a car to avoid any injuries or death during accidents.
2. Is toddler booster seat easy to carry?
Yes, the toddler booster seats are designed as lightweight to make it easier to carry. A handle is also available for this purpose.
3. Can we fold the seat?
Yes, you can easily fold it while storing at home or while travelling.
When making a choice for a booster seat for your child, you have to consider his/her height and the boost required. The child must also fit in comfortably in the seat. If you want to travel with the seat, then it must be easy to fold down, light in weight and very simple to store. The type of harness system and chair straps are other important considerations.