Are you looking for a steamer which is easy to use and gives best results? Handheld garment steamer is a good alternative to steam iron especially for removing wrinkles from clothes made of delicate fibers. The handheld garment steamers are also ideal for removing odors from clothes and removing dust. It is light in weight and easy to setup. The machine does not take much space and there is also no requirement of an ironing board. It swiftly presses the clothes so there is also no need to wait for it to get warm as is the case with a steam iron. You can iron the clothes right inside the cupboard with a handheld garment steamer.
Handheld steam iron is also compact in size which enables you to carry it anywhere in your suitcase or backpack. Thus, if you are travelling, there is no need to worry about ironing clothes because you have a handheld garment steamer. The compact size also makes it suitable for people living in small homes and apartments.
These are the top 10 handheld garment steamers which you can consider according to your needs and budget.
List of Top 10 Best Handheld Garment Steamer In 2019
Table of Contents
- List of Top 10 Best Handheld Garment Steamer In 2019
- 1. iSteam Ultrafast Handheld Steamer
- 2. Godmorn Handheld Garment Steamer
- 3. PurSteam Fabric Steamer
- 4. Rowenta Xcel Powerful Handheld Steamer
- 5. Pure Enrichment Pure Steam Fabric Steamer
- 6. Conair Handheld Extreme Steamer GS23 C
- 7. ZOOMXIN Portable Garment Steamer
- 8. Beautural Clothes Steamer
- 9. Steamfast SF-407 Fabric Steamer
- 10. Secura Handheld Instant-Steam Fabric Steamer
- Handheld Garment Steamer Buying Guide – What To Look For It?
1. iSteam Ultrafast Handheld Steamer
Advanced steaming technology and a number of other advanced features make this handheld steamer a top choice among customers. The principal features are as follows.
- High-tech micro heating panel generates steam from the water reservoir within a minute.
- The nozzle has been designed to provide powerful steam.
- Automatic shutdown system switches off the system whenever the temperature is too high or the water level is very low.
- Ideal for all kinds of fabrics such as shirts, dresses, suits, curtains and beddings.
- Compact and lightweight design allows it to be easily carried on travels.
- 3 year product warranty is offered by the manufacturer.
2. Godmorn Handheld Garment Steamer
This is a high-grade garment steamer by Godmorn with multiple beneficial characteristics. The various features of the steamer are as follows.
- The design of the spout prevents extra steam to escape outside and stops water leakage.
- The easy-to-use handle makes it simple to use.
- The capacity of the tank is 200ml which is enough to provide a constant flow of steam for 10 to 15 minutes.
- There is a single button to activate the steamer. The time taken to heat water is just 30 seconds which implies that you don’t need to wait for long to start ironing.
- Suitable for all types of fabrics like cotton, wool, and polyester. You can iron all kinds of clothes using this steamer.
- Easy to remove water tank which is easy to refill and clean.
- It automatically shuts off when overheated.
3. PurSteam Fabric Steamer
Superior components and improved technology are the USP of this product. The main features of the steamer are as follows.
- The heating component of the steamer is an aluminum heating ball. This is a high-grade heating element.
- The body of the steamer is made of ABS/PP devoid of BPA. This makes the steamer highly durable.
- The steam channeling design of the steamer provides a powerful burst of steam evenly which easily removes even stubborn wrinkles.
- The heating time is just 90 seconds.
- Suitable for all kinds of fabrics such as cotton, nylon, wool, linen, sequin, embroidery, etc. It can also be used for removing wrinkles from bedding, curtains, upholstery and table clothes apart from garments.
- 3 years warranty is provided for the product. The company also offers 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
4. Rowenta Xcel Powerful Handheld Steamer
This is a powerful handheld steamer which combines effective steaming with convenience. The major features are as follows.
- The heating time is just 45 seconds.
- The steam is delivered at a rate of 17gm/min with a power of 1100 Watts.
- The powerful steam not only removes wrinkles but also kills 99.9% of the germs and mites. Thus, it is also suitable for sanitizing curtains and furniture.
- The 6.76 ounces tank provides continuous steam for 10 minutes.
- The tank is easy to fill. It is compatible with all types of water including tap water.
- Comes with a fabric brush to smoothen wrinkles, door hook for easy steaming and steam bonnet to prevent water from dripping on the fabric.
- The cord length is 6.5 feet which makes it very easy to extend as per convenience.
5. Pure Enrichment Pure Steam Fabric Steamer
This is a portable fabric steamer which is suitable for both home use and travels. The chief characteristics of the steamer are as follows.
- Heats within 2 minutes to emit a powerful blast of steam.
- The tank capacity enables 10 minutes of consistent steaming.
- The nozzle has been designed to distribute the powerful burst of steam evenly throughout the fabric.
- The steam removes even tough wrinkles from clothes. It is also suitable for all kinds of fabrics such as linen, bedding, upholstery, curtains and many more.
- Automatic shut-off feature terminates steaming whenever the unit gets too hot or the water level becomes very low.
- Compact design and low weight make it suitable for carrying on travels.
- 2 years warranty is provided for the product.
6. Conair Handheld Extreme Steamer GS23 C
This is a high-quality steamer by Conair. The unit is small in size but provides a highly effective steaming function. The principal features of the steamer have been mentioned here.
- The power of the steamer is 1110 Watts and delivers continuous steam for 15 minutes.
- The heating time is just 75 seconds.
- Extreme Steam Dual Heat Technology used in the steamer provides concentrated steam which is 30% hotter as compared to many other types of steamers. The steam is also able to penetrate heavy fabrics at 5 times more speed as compared to other types of steamers. Bed bugs and mites are also eliminated apart from wrinkles by the steam.
- Slide switch for selecting high and low temperature for the steam is present on the unit. In addition, the steamer also has a steam trigger to either select constant stream or steam pause for energy saving.
- Comes with 3 detachable attachments such as creaser, soft cushion brush and fabric brush.
- 1 year warranty is provided for the product.
7. ZOOMXIN Portable Garment Steamer
Zoomxin is a popular name in the appliance market. Garment Steamer by Zoomxin is also popular among consumers. The main features of the steamer are as follows.
- Nozzle shape design helps in even distribution of steam on the cloth.
- It can iron 2-3 clothing at one point of time.
- Safety features ensure the safety of the steamer and the user during steaming operations.
- It has 7 different types of function options like Wrinkle remover, sanitizer, cleaner, refresh, treat, defrost, sterilize.
- Automatic Shut off feature when overheated.
- Ergonomically designed handle enables it to be handled comfortably.
8. Beautural Clothes Steamer
This is a portable clothes steamer suitable for pressing and sterilizing clothes. The major features of the steamer are as follows.
- Heats in just 30 seconds.
- The tank capacity is 260ml which provides 15 minutes of continuous steaming.
- Leak-proof design enables it to be used on clothes laid flat on the surface
- Automatic shut-off feature is activated if the steamer overheats, runs low on water or is inactive for 8 minutes.
- Steam lock button is present to produce either constant steam or steam bursts.
- Suitable to be used on a plethora of fabrics such as wool, silk, cotton, polyester, velvet, nylon, etc.
- Compact design enables it to be carried on travels.
- 2 years warranty is provided for the steamer.
9. Steamfast SF-407 Fabric Steamer
This is a 1500 Watt fabric steamer for garments and other things. The major features of the steamer are as follows.
- Heating time is just 45 seconds.
- The capacity of the removable water tank is 40 ounces.
- 45 minutes of continuous steam is provided by the steamer.
- Steam effectively removes wrinkles and odours from clothes, curtains, upholstery, linens and many other kinds of fabrics. It is gentle on delicate fabrics.
- Comes with a telescopic pole, clothes hook and a fabric brush.
10. Secura Handheld Instant-Steam Fabric Steamer
This handheld steamer has 1000W power and is a good quality steamer. Major features of the steamer have been listed here.
- Heating time is just 15 seconds due to the instant steam generation feature.
- The capacity of the water tank is 8 ounces which is suitable for providing steam for 15 minutes.
- The faceplate is made of stainless steel.
- Comes with a detachable cleaning brush.
- The power cord is non-rotating and non-binding.
- There is no off button. Thus, you need to unplug the unit after use. However, a steam trigger is present which needs to be pulled in order to generate steam.
- 2 years warranty is provided by the manufacturer.
Handheld Garment Steamer Buying Guide – What To Look For It?
One of the household appliances converting water into steam to use it on the fabrics to remove wrinkles is known as Garment Steamer. There are two types of steamers available in the market. They are upright models and handheld models. Here will discuss the features to check before buying handheld Garment Steamer.
Features To Check While Buying The Best Handheld Garment Steamer:
Size, Weight And Portability:
As there are many models of garment steamers available, you will get different ranges of weight and sizes of the steamer. Based on your requirements, you should check whether it is suitable for you to use. Most people prefer to go for the one which is lightweight and easy to carry wherever you go, sometimes taking them along with your luggage for travelling out. Portability is another crucial thing to consider in garment steamer. You steamer should fit in any place; you want to keep it. But some people opt for the larger model of the steamer to handle bulk garments. For them, it is suitable to go with a larger size.
Continuous Flow of Steam:
This is another crucial feature that you should check for sure. You should go for the model having good capacity to steam continuously. This will lessen your work of keeping finger continuously on the steam button to get steam. But with one press of a button, you should get a non-stop flow of steam.
Some of the best models of garment steamer allow you to change the settings of steam flow according to your need. This feature is mainly required to do steam for any types of fabrics. When you are buying a handheld garment steamer, check out on specifications whether they mentioned like you can adjust the steam settings.
This is another significant feature that you should look into it. Check about the heating time of steamer needed to steam your fabrics easily without wasting any time. People get frustrated on waiting for the steamer to reach the desired temperature and, it was such a tricky thing. To get your job done with garment steamer, fast heating required to save your precious time.
The greatest range of temperature produced by a steamer is another crucial factor to check while buying the steamer. There are many steamer models available in the market manufactured with different temperature levels. When you consider the extreme level of temperature, it will help you in caring for your fabrics in a significant way. When the temperature is higher, you can see that wrinkles on it will vanish soon. But the risky thing is, it will end up in damaging your soft clothes and delicate fabrics. Sometimes, you might have the model of having no options for steam settings, in such situation, you can avoid damaging your clothes by taking the steamer head up, which will only remove wrinkles but, not damage your fabrics.
Water Tank Capacity:
This is another thing, where you should check the capacity of the water tank to calculate the capacity steam-producing capacity. When you want to do steam for many clothes, then, checking water tank capacity becomes essential. For so many clothes, go for the one having a bigger water tank. With such a model, you can do steam easily and spontaneously as well. When you go for the one having a smaller tank capacity model, you have to fill the water again and again into the tank to get steam. But, if you are going for the handheld model, then the tank capacity is not much essential, as you prefer smaller ones usually.
Suitability for Fabrics:
Based on the type of clothes and fabrics, you should choose the steam models. If you are having most of the clothes as delicate materials, you should select the model not damaging your delicate clothes. According to manufacturers, steamers manufactured in such a way that, they are safe to use on different clothes without damaging them. Thus, it is better that you are checking the capability level of steamers, whether removing wrinkles from clothes or not.
Q Whether I should give some pressure on the clothes while using my steamer on them?
No, there is no need to give force or pressure on clothes when using a steamer on fabrics. When you fill the water tank and switch it on, it will produce enough steam to remove wrinkles on fabrics. There is no use of giving any pressure on clothes, as you just do heading down the steamer on your clothes.
Q Whether I have to look for accessories in garment steamer?
In general, the steamer will come with many useful accessories when steaming on clothes. Some of them are press pads, hangers, fabric brushes and lint rollers. Check you are getting those accessories while buying your steamer; otherwise, you may need to buy all those accessories required separately.
Q Can clothes steamer kill bed bugs?
As per one of the expert, the clothes steam can prove to be very effective in killing the bed bug if it is used properly. It is known that the steamers can kill the bed bug in any stage of development. However, it is also known that you need to use a commercial steamer to kill the bed bugs. As per one of the resource, the steamer we use at home might not be sufficient to kill the bed bugs. Getting into more details, it is known that it is all about the heat that is generated by the garment steamer. If the garment steamer is able to generate enough heat then you will surely be able to kill the bed bugs with the clothes steamer. The trick here is to turn the steamer on at full power and then steam the each part of the mattress for at least 10 to 15 seconds. So to explain this better, hold the steamer in very close proximity of the mattress and spray it with steam. Keep doing this for 10 to 15 seconds and move to the next section. You need the steamer to reach a 160F temperature to effectively work in killing the bed bugs.
Q Are clothes steamers any good?
A lot of people have this question and they would like to know if the steamers are worth the purchase. The answer is yes. They are quite amazing and helpful in removing the wrinkles out of the fabric very quickly and very easily. Without even making contact with the fabric, the steamer can give you the desired result. The best part is that the steamers also works with the delicate fabric like satin, silk, jersey and polyester. It is also possible to steam the woollen clothes and these steamers are much faster and easier when compared to ironing the clothes. Another advantage here is that if your clothes have a certain type of odour then steaming them for a few seconds will help you in clearing the odour from the clothes. They will again appear to be fresh. Most of the garment retailer uses a cloth steamer for the clothes that are displayed in the showroom
Q Is ironing or steaming better?
The steaming is usually a better idea because it easily removes the crease and wrinkles from the cloth and it also reduces the risk of damage from the overheating. This risk is quite significant when it comes to ironing the cloth as a little carelessness can lead to damage to clothes. The steaming of clothing can also help you in getting the odour out of the clothes which are yet another advantage of steaming the clothes when compared with the ironing process. Irons are also heavy and they have a particular disadvantage over the steaming process. It also takes a longer time to iron the clothes when compared with the regular steaming process. In our opinion, steaming clothes is a better option when compared with the irons.
It is better to compare the features of the top ten handheld steamers in order to select the best one according to your specific requirements. Check the prices as well because the budget is also an important factor.